We invite you to come and relax at Sun Catcher B&B, which is located in Struisbaai, a coastal settlement in the Overberg region of South Africa’s Western Cape Province.
The name “Sun Catcher” was chosen by the owners, Carol and Gert Mattstädt, because virtually every room gets the sun for most part of the day from one angle or another. The large skylight above the stair case helps, of course.
Guests can enjoy beautiful sea views from virtually all rooms in the house and the views from the balconies are spectacular.
Guests will also enjoy a full 3-course breakfast every morning, free wifi in all areas and TV(DStv) in all bedrooms.
The friendly hosts throughout the stay are Angelique and Annelisha.
Our vision is to create a “feeling at home” focused environment for our guests so that we become known and sought-after as a small B&B establishment where guests feel important and have a satisfied and fulfilled experience from arrival to departure.
We want to provide the perfect break away for Guests so that they want to come back again.
Our goal is to create a clean, cozy and friendly experience from arrival to departure.
As responsible hosts, we strive to ensure our guests visiting Struisbaai make the most of their stay.
We go the extra mile to be as helpful as possible to each guest. It is important to us that they get a real sense of Western Cape hospitality, warmth and generosity.
We strive to provide a friendly atmosphere and relaxed environment to ensure our guests will feel welcomed and important.
We promote with enthusiasm our wonderful environment and share examples of some of our own favourite places that make Struisbaai and the Overberg our home.
We feel a job well done when guests leave with a sense of:
- Feeling entirely relaxed and pampered;
- Have been delighted with delicious food;
- Appreciated the location and accommodation;
- Enjoyed participating in stimulating conversation during their stay;
- Having their expectations exceeded by our hosted Bed & Breakfast service.
We strive to ensure that our accommodation facilities operate in a sustainable manner by asserting that:
- Energy and water is used responsibly and methods regarding more efficient use thereof are continually identified and evaluated.
- We recycle where we can, such as using such things as coffee and tea grain waste as fertilizer in the gardens.
- We prefer not to use hazardous chemicals to eradicate weeds in the garden and around the property.
- We endeavor to purchase locally grown produce as often as possible.